2015-2016 UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Each year, the Marshall School of Business provides a number of scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students. Each student who submits a complete scholarship application will be considered for general awards being offered. However, please note that some awards have specific eligibility requirements which are defined by the donors who fund the scholarships. Although there is no minimum GPA requirement, students with a USC cumulative GPA of 3.5 and higher are generally more competitive for most awards.
All application materials must be received by Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 5:00 pm. Only completed applications will be reviewed. The online system allows applicants to complete the application in multiple sessions by “saving” the application and logging in with the log-in credentials set up by the applicant.
Set up your log-in credentials
After reading through the scholarship instructions on this page, click to the next page to create a personal profile. Once you've created your personal profile, please keep your username (your USC email address) and password in a secure place.
General Criteria for Scholarship Eligibility:
- Students must be admitted to business administration, accounting or one of the joint programs (BREF, BCT, BAES, BAIR) as of January 12, 2015.
- Students will be evaluated on the basis of academic merit, extracurricular activities, leadership potential, and/or work experience.
- Students must have matriculated at USC prior to the fall 2015 semester and have full-time enrollment status.
Application Format – Organized in the order they will appear on the application
- Biographical/Demographic Information: Including class standing, expected graduation date, GPA information, family history, financial aid history.
- Academic Interests: Including current BUAD concentration or area of interest for Marshall upper-division elective classes.
- Brief Statement Section: This section relates to specific scholarship criteria. If you meet the criteria, you will be asked to provide a brief statement explaining how you meet the criteria.
Personal Statements – Toward the end of the application, you will be asked to submit (3) 300-word statements on the following topics. We encourage you to type your statements on a Word document before beginning this online application. You can then copy and paste your statement into the online application form. Note: The Scholarship Committee will be evaluating the quality of these statements when making scholarship decisions.
- Financial Need: Provide a statement explaining your financial need. Specifically state how a Marshall scholarship will help you complete your degree successfully. Although financial need is not a requirement for most of our scholarships, please explain how this scholarship will support your education.
- Academic and Career Plans: In this statement please discuss your academic plans including which Marshall Upper Division Electives you plan to complete. Please also discuss how these courses are aligned with your long term career goals.
- Leadership Experience/Extracurricular Activity: Tell us about your most significant leadership or extracurricular experience since attending USC and explain what made it meaningful.
Supplemental Materials – Please upload the following documents, preferably in a Word or PDF format.
- Resume: Please submit a typed, professional-style resume.
- Financial Aid Information: If applicable, please submit a copy of your Financial Aid Award for the 2014-15 Academic Year.
- List of Extracurricular Activities, Awards, Honors: Please submit a list of activities in which you have participated, including honors and awards. Include any positions held, particular responsibilities, periods of service, and time spent on each activity (e.g. 5 hrs./wk. or 50 hrs. total, etc). Please focus primarily on your experiences at USC, but you can also include information from any previous institution(s) if relevant.
Other Supplemental Materials (as applicable) – If applicable, you will be asked to upload the following supplemental materials:
- Armed Services Documentation: Please submit a copy of your DD 214 form.
- Finnish, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian nationality or descent documentation: If applicable, please submit any additional documentation supporting your heritage.